- Why you should wear a mask (assuming you can get one!)
- Good news: Air pollution is dropping (almost as fast as economic activity)
- Be careful what you wish for: Amsterdam tourism crashes, but the streets are cleaner. Will the future bring “sustainable” tourism or a return of unruly mobs?
- Americans seem to understand C-19 risks thorough their political beliefs (Rs are taking more risks).. That’s charming but C19 will kill Republicans, Democrats and independents.
- Will Peru’s politicians use C-19 to grab power? (Orban already did.)
- The Netherlands needs to do more to really be food secure.
- Will the quarantine help us reconsider our lives?
- A nice proposal for graduated income taxes that complements my idea for taxing wealth (via property taxes)
- National Geographic looks at the bad news/good news futures of the Earth fifty years after Earth Day. Fun fact: No advertisers for the “bad news” side. For the good news side, the advertisers are Dow chemical and the Alliance to Stop Plastic Waste (sponsored by plastic manufacturers).
- A really good discussion of the “three languages of politics” that was recorded before C-19 hit. Then, and now, it’s important to consider the different “life perspectives” of conservatives, progressives and liberals.