- Should the UN declare a responsibility to protect Americans from the Trump administration? (Yes)
- Notes on Beirut’s broken sewage system (and corruption)
- Racism, gender and diversity in economics: EconTalk and Capitalisn’t
- The Germans rose above their past by facing their failures. The Russians have not reconciled with the real horrors of Stalin; America struggles with its slavery past.
- Time to re-read “The Coddling of the American Mind“?
Teaching students to avoid giving unintentional offense is a worthy goal, especially when the students come from many different cultural backgrounds. But students should also be taught how to live in a world full of potential offenses.
- YouTube can take you down a dark rabbithole, but you can also direct your own adventures.
- Minecraft is magic and disconcerting in the same way as life. Explore.
- Climate-chaos will put poverty- and corruption-driven migration into overdrive. If the EU and US block migration, then they are more likely to have wars on their frontiers.
- America’s failure to deal with the rise of China risks world stability
H/T to PB