- Read: Mafiosi protected those making “The Godfather” (a film about them)
- Read: “No Frenchman worthy of the name has ever apologized for anything, and I’m certainly not going to start. Obviously the English word “snob” is an inaccurate description, since a snob is someone who thinks he’s superior, which is different from a Frenchman, who knows he’s superior.” Funny but also insightful.
- Listen: An interesting podcast on financing development in Africa
- Read: “Ravens parallel great apes in physical and social cognitive skills” but we knew this, didn’t we, from The Hobbit (1937).
- Read: Is it easier to become a billionaire if you’re an asshole? No.
- Listen: Biden’s top economist is into sustainability
- Read: “History suggests it might be better to regard pandemics less as crises than as occasions for political ‘reckoning’ that may – or may not – see the resolution of long-standing social and economic grievances.”
- Listen: “Stakeholders gone wrong” consultations over neighborhood land use
- Interesting data:
…and that’s all the “interesting stuff” I have for you in 2020.
See you in 2021!