- Read: The hidden toll of remote work
- Watch: The [US] national debt, republican hypocrisy, MMT and your kids
- Read (and weep): French vineyards are losing their
grapewine crops (and maybe their vines) due to record frost. Worse news: ALL farms are facing crop losses, thereby taking us another step closer to a climate-chaos-driven food crisis.
- Read: Green spaces in Amsterdam over the centuries
- Read: The right-wing conspiracy to undermine university professors
- Read: The US was always a nation of migrants but only “white” (Northern European, but not Italians, Irish or Jews) immigrants — until the 1965 immigration reform allowed non-whites. For my father (British citizen but born in India), this was a barrier to his entering the US in the early 60s.
- Read: Why are Chinese solar prices so low? One reason is forced labor. A bit of blood splashed on that green?
- Read: I’m shocked, shocked to read that Facebook (passively) supports fascists
- Read: Goodbye forests 🙁
- Read: Looking at the roots of conspiracy theories
- Listen: Happiness
H/T to PB