- Read: So Mailchimp deleted ALL my subscribers for new posts because I didn’t “log in” — that’s a pretty shit move (and widely criticized) when I was using service and had no reason to log in (it was working!) Anyways, I am now using a new service (Mailpoet), and you can sign up with the popup on my blog (please tell me if it doesn’t work!).
- Read: Why myths about (racial) superiority endure, in the face of science
- Read: South Africa struggles to “get respect” for its COVID policies from richer (but more dangerous) countries.
- Read: Private law in Iceland worked between 1000 and 1300 (before the King asserted monopoly authority). Reminds me of the successful “pirate constitutions” of the early 18th c.
- Read: How police manufactured and sold “secure” phones to criminals and then used their incriminating messages to arrest hundreds
- Read: Using local residues to track the origins of raw materials in supply chains (and reduce fraud)
- Listen: How Xi is using the state to take over the economy (again)
- Listen: Some insights on the (good/bad) potential futures of AI
- Watch: John Oliver on ransomware
Food is getting more expensivehunting is getting harder in the Arctic as the ice melts and water warms. Related read: Americans living in flood zones are (slowly) facing the real cost of insuring their risks — and they are not happy
H/Ts to MM and TJ