Interesting stuff

  1. Read: Why mine gold that’s just going to sit in a vault. The process is massively polluting. (Why mine bitcoin? At least it’s not going to sit in a vault? 🙂
  2. Read: “How to make time with someone bad at making time“)
  3. Read: Forget the “great resignation” — take a sabbatical! Related: Teachers are quitting at record rates.
  4. Read: “The diminishing returns of productivity culture,” which reminds me of my post on Keynes and why we turned productivity into consumption rather than leisure.
  5. Read: The IRS and other USG departments are using facial recognition. Given the government’s total incompetence in protecting personal data (let alone selling it), this will not end well.
  6. Read: My “20/80 rule” inaction [sic]: “20% of Brits Are Eating Less Meat To Actively Fight Climate Change“… so the other 80% don’t care, right?
  7. Act: I’ve asked Amazon for all the data it has on me. You should too.
  8. Read: “political hacktivists” are attacking governments whose policies they dislike.
  9. Read: The Dutch like to tout their water management expertise as a consulting export, but the key to success abroad is not Dutch ingenuity but political processes and connections.
  10. Read: One of London’s most successful estate agents (realtor) is making big deals but trying to avoid mafia money launderers.

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog

Sign up to receive new posts when they are published (twice per week).

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.

Author: David Zetland

I'm a political-economist from California who now lives in Amsterdam.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *