- Credit card reward programs are a tax on the poor
- The humanities need to go back to basics: an empty room, a group, a conversation): “You simply cannot sustain a serious humanism as an integral part of a digitalized culture“
- Think: The Netherlands had more sunshine in 2022 than in any year since records began (1965) as well as a shortage of rain. The transformation into California continues!
- Read: Another study on masks: Not sure if they work for the population, but pretty sure they work on individuals. Thanks for the confusion.
- Read: Why we usually can’t tell when a review is fake
- Read: Dating apps helped us meet each other, but “revenge bans” (plus match.com’s monopoly power) can isolate you from that scene.
- Read: San Francisco is thinking of reparations to Blacks for discrimination (not slavery). Although justice is certainly worthwhile, I think that efforts based on race (a concept lacking objective definition) are inferior compared to those aimed at poverty. I worry that SF’S politicians are pursuing an “eracist” policy of signaling virtue as a means of closing the topic (using citizen’s money) and walking away, guilt free.
H/T to CD