- Read: Technology is changing the “baby birth” season.
- Read: Airlines are more like banks (in the bad, “printing money” way)
- Listen: There are no actual cases of strangers poisoning kids at Halloween in the US. (There are cases of murderous parents.)
- Listen: “Progressives” have gone a bit too fascist.
- Read: Google’s advertising model is breaking search
- Watch: 90% of Iceland’s women
went on striketook the day off in 1975. (More) equal rights quickly followed.
- Read: Private equity (leveraged buy outs) delivers more risk and less return than advertised (remember this podcast?)
- Listen: Humans love financial bubbles (from tulips to trains to NFTs)
- Read: Big tech is selling your personal health info, even when it says it isn’t.
- Read: Software engineers created GPTs that may take their jobs.
- Think: Americans started using “socialist” when — after the Civil War — it was defined as government spending to help the poor (Blacks) on the backs of the rich (Whites) — and that’s how “socialist” became a dog whistle for pro-civil rights. (WTF, people!?!)