- Jive Talking: “Zach Malik had 5 jobs before starting his MSc“
- Bad news for sustainability: American millennials are driving plenty
- Ralph Nader has good ideas on how to improve US politics.
- Women die because we measure “the world” according to male metrics
- I don’t 100% agree with Salaita’s politics, but he writes beautifully about academic corruption and the nobility of “honest” work.
Northern MacedoniaThe Republic of North Macedonia explains the tricky do’s and don’ts of its name
- Generation Z (born since 2000) is very stressed
- The president of Y-combinator on start-ups and innovation
- Concrete-demand is a macro driver of climate change. Related: This paper explains how 90 private, state-owned and nation-state producers of oil, cement and natural gas are responsible (on the production side) for 63 percent of cumulative global GHG emissions. These guys are, in other words, the biggest opponents to doing anything about climate.
- Google and Microsoft are eager to help oil firms, thereby undoing all their “green” pledges.
H/Ts to PB and PH