I’m setting up this page to organize links and information on climate chaos developments.
My position: The realist in me knows that climate change is going to be worse than expected (e.g., IPCC). The optimist in me hopes that humans will find a “painless” way of coping with the results. The pessimist in me sees no evidence of our collective ability to cooperate in reducing the pain and a lot of evidence that our personal needs will result in additional collective failures, and thus chaos is more likely than change.
- Current land elevations in the Netherlands
- The Dutch have no Plan B (but Jakarta and Miami will be the first victims)
- “We have no insurance against this risk“
Planning for the future
- Which investments will be affected? (Invest in bonds, gold or guns, depending on your pessimism.)
- Read Life Plus 2 Meters to engage with some scenarios